Amalgamation: What’s Next?
In the same way as we have been out to meet with our members at other critical stages in the reform process these workshops, designed to support newly merged councils, will be held in several locations around the state.
They will be of particular value to administrators, interim general managers, deputy general managers, and senior staff charged with effecting amalgamations, as well as former mayors and former councillors who may be involved in implementation advisory groups and local representation committees.
These workshops provide opportunities for senior leaders to share relevant and up-to-date information, learn from the experience of others, and work through the initial stage in partnership with colleagues handling the same issues and problems.
The workshops will:
- Explore the newly created roles for administrators, interim general managers and deputy general managers
- Discuss the operation of new governance structures: working with committees and adjusting meeting procedures
- Review the new proclamation provisions and explore their practical application
- Set the scene for a productive and positive workplace culture moving forward
- Address implications of change for salary structures and organisation structures
- Consider community relations and strategies for communication and engagement
- Identify and plan key milestones throughout the initial period and towards 2017 elections
For more information, please download Amalgamation: What's Next? (PDF, 160KB).
Dates and Times:
- Sydney: 27 May 2016 (coincides with the ‘Amalgamation Team’ meeting, previously known as ‘Amalgamations Anonymous’)
- Raymond Terrace: 31 May 2016
- Queanbeyan: 6 June 2016
- Wagga: 27 June 2016