Local Government NSW Employment Law Seminar
LGNSW Learning Solutions’ Employment Law Seminar will bring you up to date with recent legislative changes, giving you the knowledge needed to successfully manage challenging workplace issues.
Employment Law is a dynamic field where legislation and case precedents will have a significant impact on councils’ workplace policies and practices. Seminar topics will include:
- Workplace Reform – Senior Management Contracting, Alternate Service Contracting Arrangements and Possible Industrial Activity
- Planning, Conducting and Finalising Workplace Investigations – Addressing Common Pitfalls
- Managing Disruption – Understanding the Drivers and Using Industrial Law to Manage its Effects
- Employment Regulators – Anticipating and managing visits from regulators and their attendance at your Council
- Drug and Alcohol and Employee Privacy – managing and responding to these topical issues
- The Year in Review – What Have Been The Critical Decisions For Local Government In Employment Law?
Keynote speakers include:
- Donna Rygate, Chief Executive, LGNSW
- Nigel Ward, CEO and Director Workplace, Australian Business Lawyers and Advisors
- Sian Ryan, Special Counsel, Workplace Relations HWL Ebsworth
- Tim McDonald, Partner, Moray & Agnew
- Brooke Pendlebury, Workplace Law
- Neil Napper, Partner, Lander & Rogers
- Darren Gardener, Partner, Maddocks
- James Mattson, Executive Lawyer, Bartier Perry
- Roland Hassall, Partner, Sparke Helmore
- Julie Kneebone, Solicitor, Sparke Helmore.
If you are a general manager, senior manager, human resource professional or manager you cannot afford to miss this essential professional development opportunity. CPD points may apply.
For more information, please download LGNSW Employment Law Flyer (PDF, 266KB).