Sustainable Choice is a membership-based program to assist councils in NSW to integrate sustainability into their procurement systems.
Benefits of Membership
Councils become members by passing a resolution for their commitment to sustainable procurement. Member councils enjoy the benefits of being part of large network, including the sharing of knowledge, experience and resources with other members. Find out more on how Sustainable Choice can help your council.
All NSW councils are eligible to join.
The program is a joint undertaking of Local Government NSW with the Office of Environment and Heritage NSW (OEH), and participating councils.
Sustainable Choice Products and Services Database
- New and improved Sustainable Choice Product and Services website, with enhanced functionality including an interactive map.
- Sustainable Procurement Scorecards are out.
- Welcome to our newest member: Gundagai Shire Council. Did you know that membership of Sustainable Choice now stands at 81 councils? That’s more than half of all NSW councils. Membership now stands at 81 councils (PDF, 118KB).
- North Sydney Council - Switching to Mulifunctional Devices (PDF, 304KB).
- North Sydney Council - Integrating Sustainability into the Procurement Policy (PDF, 207KB).