Price: $440 incl GST
Employees are increasingly having to handle people who are challenging and difficult. This interactive and practical workshop is designed to assist staff to manage these situations in a constructive way.
Who should attend?
Anyone who comes into contact with external or internal individuals should attend this workshop.
After describing a difficult scenario they have encountered in the past, participants will explore the following topics and techniques and apply them to their own situation:
- The Levels of Conflict tool
- Flight, fight and flow behaviours
- “What do you say?” exercise – an introduction to verbal judo
- Behavioural styles questionnaire
- Exploring how to handle those styles and stay safe
- Assertiveness exercises and case studies
- Strategies to reach an agreement
- Better alternatives to handle negative behaviour.
- How to debrief after a difficult incident
- Personal learning contract – how to transfer
The facilitator will use case studies, a questionnaire, personal and participant examples, group discussions/individual exercises to assist the participants to become more confident, less stressed and more capable in dealing with difficult clients.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE