This course is scheduled to take place on 11 March 2021 or 16 June 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
This course aims to give you the skills you need to write effective, clear and concise reports for your managers and your council. In this course you will work individually but also in pairs and in groups so that you get writing and planning practice during the day.
Who should attend?
Anyone who writes memos and/or reports.
- What makes an effective report
- How to make your reports "reader-friendly"
- Why planning is so important to producing a clear report
- How to make the purpose of your report clear to your reader
- Why thinking about your audience is important
- How to use different structures so you get your messages across with impact
- Which layout is most effective
- How to best use graphics and tables if needed
- How to write in Plain English, using correct grammar and punctuation
- Why evaluating and proof-reading your reports is so important
Highly practical and interactive exercises are used throughout. Participants are encouraged to bring examples of their own short reports for review during the course.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE