Local Government NSW (LGNSW) has obtained important legal advice on a range of industrial matters, some of which are available below.
- Legal opinion on employment protections under the Local Government Act 1993, Anthony Britt (PDF, 666KB)
- Legal Opinion s354C LG Act, AnthonyBritt (PDF, 244KB)
- Legal Opinion s354E LG Act, AnthonyBritt (PDF, 633KB)
- WHS Act - Councillors' Obligations 2015 (PDF, 513KB)
- Civil Liability Allowance (PDF, 853KB)
- Corporations Act (PDF, 729KB)
- Labour Hire - April 2014 (PDF, 401KB)
- Labour Hire - March 2014 (PDF, 1.4MB)
The content titled ‘Industry Legal Advice’ on this website is provided for information purposes only.
The legal advice does not take into consideration your council’s individual circumstances and should be considered as a general guide. Access to these documents is provided on the understanding they are not a substitute for specific legal advice. Councils should seek their own legal advice or contact the Workplace Relations Unit on (02) 9242 4049.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE