This course scheduled to take place on the 14 September 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
Duration: 9.00am - 12.30pm
The program will assist NSW councils to implement the new risk management and internal audit framework.
Office of Local Government is currently finalising a discussion paper proposing a mandatory risk management and internal audit framework. It is being developed in close consultation with:
- NSW Treasury
- Department of Finance, Services & Innovation (DFSI)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- NSW Audit Office
- Local Government Internal Audit Network Executive
Who should attend?
- Existing independent members of a committee
- Councillors already on an audit committee or intending to be on one
- Senior council staff – GM/CEO, CFO, directors who are already on a committee or intending to create a committee
- Local Government Audit Committee
- Formal requirements
- Local Government Legislation
- Meeting Procedures
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Financial Statements
- Managing the external audit relationship
The facilitator will use group discussions and council related case studies.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE