This course is scheduled to take place on: 2 December 2021
Price: $660 incl GST
Duration: 9.00am - 3.30pm
Who should attend?
The workshop is directed towards general managers, directors, human resource practitioners, payroll officers and line managers.
Workshop participants will develop an awareness of the:
- Reasons for the establishment and revision of the series of NSW Local Government (State) Awards
- The history of variations to significant award provisions
- How to interpret and apply the award
- Changes to the 2020 Award
There are six sessions in the workshop:
- History of the Local Government (State) Award
- Rates of pay including salary systems, salary sacrifice, allowances, and superannuation contributions
- Hours of work including spread and arrangement of hours, penalty rates, shift allowances and overtime
- Forms of employment including part-time, casual, fixed term contracts and appointment on merit
- Forms of leave including sick leave, carers’ leave and parental leave
- Miscellaneous provisions including consultative committees, training and development, disciplinary procedures, workplace change and redundancy and council agreements.
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and local government-oriented examples to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE