Bullying and Harassment Prevention
Price: $440 (incl GST)
Workplace bullying is profoundly damaging to the wellbeing of people, both at work and at home. Not only that, it’s estimated that it costs Australia anywhere between 6 and 36 billion dollars each year.
This interactive session provides an introduction to the features and impacts of bullying and harassment. Using engaging and relevant video case studies, it identifies unacceptable workplace behaviours and outlines the roles of employees and managers in dealing with those behaviours.
In addition, the module indicates some formal and informal actions that may be taken when bullying or harassment is identified. These are demonstrated through common workplace scenarios.
It focuses on a staff awareness and responsibilities, but it also addresses the role of the supervisor.
Course topics include:
- How to define bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Identification of the impacts of bullying and harassment
- Identification of the options available for resolution – how bullies operate; case studies in bullying and harassment; formal and informal resolution approaches.
- Responsibilities of staff and managers in bullying and harassment situations.
- Tips for ensuring a harassment free workplace.
The session is tailored to local government staff and will provide relevant local government examples derived from HR professionals, to help participants transfer the learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE