This course is scheduled to take place on 16 February 2021 or 25 May 2021
Price: $660 incl GST
Whether you are an HR professional, manager or compliance officer, you may need to conduct an in-house workplace investigation in the future, or already have conducted one.
This practical course gives you the knowledge and skills needed to conduct an effective, fair and legally sound workplace investigation.
Part 1 – Understanding the process
- Hallmarks of a good process (procedural fairness)
- When to investigate
- Setting up and scoping the investigation
- From complaint to allegations
- Who can investigate?
- Who can participate?
- Planning and timing
- Communicating with the parties
Part 2 – Gathering and analysing the evidence
- Collecting evidence, selecting witnesses
- Planning interviews
- Interview techniques
- Analysing the evidence
- Making findings of fact and deciding on breach of policy
- Common issues that arise
- Report writing
- Documentation and Record keeping
Includes a copy of Worklogic’s Workplace Investigations book, published by Wolters Kluwer
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE