This course scheduled to take place on: 22 November 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
Employees are increasingly having to handle people who are difficult, aggressive and both verbally and physically threatening. This interactive and practical workshop is designed to assist staff to manage these situations in a way that ensures their safety and lessens their levels of stress.
Who should attend?
Anyone who comes into contact with external or internal individuals should attend this workshop.
After describing a difficult scenario they have encountered previously, participants will explore the following topics and techniques and apply them to their own situation:
- The Levels of Conflict tool
- Flight, fight and flow behaviours
- Verbal Responses - What to say and what to avoid
- Behavioural styles questionnaire
- Exploring how to handle those styles and stay safe
- Assertiveness exercises and case studies
- Strategies to reach an agreement
- Better alternatives to handle aggression
- How to debrief after a difficult incident
- Personal learning contract – how to transfer learning to the workplaces
The facilitator will use case studies, a questionnaire, personal and participant examples, group discussions/individual exercises to assist the participants to become more confident, less stressed and more capable in dealing with difficult clients.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE