This course is scheduled to take place on: 8 December 2021
Price: $440 incl GST
With greater community expectations and current line manager accounting responsibilities, managers are increasingly being expected to understand, interpret and explain financial issues as they pertain to their departments or section
Who should attend?
The "Finance for Non-finance Managers" program will introduce non-finance managers to:
- The basics of accounting theory
- Understand the strategic allocation of financial resources
- How to read council financial statements
- How to effectively prepare, interpret and use unit budgets
- Understanding accounting jargon and buzz words
- Explore methods for applying financial techniques to your decisions
- How council’s financial systems feed into the NSW Integrated Planning and Reporting framework
- How to effectively communicate with finance and accounting departments
The facilitator will use group discussions, council case studies and local government oriented examples, to help you transfer your learning to the workplace.
Please bring copies of financial reports you use at work and a calculator to the session.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE