Introduction to Local Government
Price: $462 incl GST
Local government has an incredibly wide range of functions. This workshop will provide participants with a working knowledge of these diverse functions, improving their customer service skills and enhancing internal communication.
Participants will also develop an awareness of the legal, administrative and financial relationships between local government and State and Federal governments, and will learn about the structure of a council and the roles of elected members, general managers and staff.
The workshop also covers how we are governed.
Topics include areas such as:
- What makes local government unique?
- How councils achieve their goals and fulfil their functions
- Understanding the relationship between Federal, State and local governments
- The powers, responsibilities and structures of Federal and State governments
- Local government and the law
- Sources of income to a council
- The structure of a council
- Types of councils
- Summary of roles and responsibilities
- Local government awards
- NSW council structures
- Local government services
The module is tailored to local government staff and will provide relevant local government examples derived from HR professionals to help transfer the learning to the workplace.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE