This course scheduled to take place on 3 November 2021
Price: $660 incl GST
Duration: 9.00am - 12.30pm
This practical workshop is designed to give participants an understanding of the importance of minutes for successful governance in informal as well as formal settings.
By learning minute taking techniques, and therefore raising confidence, minute takers achieve more effective results from their minutes.
Who should attend?
Council staff who attend meetings and are required to take minutes for their council or other meetings.
This workshop covers the generic skills of minute taking and can be adapted to any council or government agency. It is not intended to be prescriptive to any particular organisation.
The following topics will be covered:
- What are minutes and why we have them
- Purpose, types of meetings and appropriate minutes
- Role of the minute taker, before, during and after the meeting
- Meeting procedures and key terms used
- Essential skills for good minutes - listening, note taking, summarising, assertion
- Models to use, formats for formal or informal meetings
- Tips and tricks for more effective minutes - saving time and effort
To apply the learning and assist participants transfer these skills to the workplace, the facilitator will use group exercises and skills practice in simulated meetings. All participants will be given a workbook with ready to use checklists, and access to a 60-minute individual coaching session.
Local Government NSW has a range of experienced facilitators who use discussions, case studies and local government-oriented examples to help transfer learning to the workplace. Facilitator details will be available prior to the course.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE