Local Government Week is designed to showcase the work councils do in their local communities, including the wide variety of services they provide.
Local Government Week 2020: Councils Do
LGNSW has compiled some resources to help you promote your local government week activities.
The Local Government Week 2020 Digital Toolkit contains media releases, social media assets, web banners and email signatures and more.
Below are downloadable posters in A3 and A4, with space to add the details of your activities. You will also find the Local Government Week logo to add to any promotional material you develop.
Access the Digital Toolkit
Poster Template A3
Poster Template A4
Did you know?
- Local government in NSW employs more than 55,000 people
- Local government in NSW looks after more than $136 billion of community assets
- Local government in NSW spends more than $1.9 billion each year on caring for the environment, including recycling and waste management, stormwater management and preserving and protecting native flora and fauna
- NSW has 450 council-run libraries that attract more than 34.8 million visits each year
- Local government in NSW is responsible for about 90% of the state’s roads and bridges
- NSW councils manage an estimated 3.5 million tonnes of waste each year
- NSW councils own and manage more than 600 museums, galleries, theatres and art centres
Local Government Week Awards
As the signature event of Local Government Week, the Local Government Week Awards celebrate exceptional council projects in areas such as planning, communications, environment, arts and culture, and more.
Enter the LG Week Awards
BACK TO EVENTS AND TRAINING